Recently, the house from Home Alone sold for $1.6 million! Can you believe it? Speaking of holiday movies, should you put your home on the market during the holiday season?
I believe the answer is absolutely yes. Historically, December is one of our strongest months for home sales. Here are five reasons why you should sell during the holidays:
- Companies are relocating employees. Any employees moving into Nashville need to be in their homes before the first of the year.
- There will be fewer homes on the market during the holidays, which means less competition for you.
- You can still take advantage of the winter market and spend time with your family during the holidays. You can absolutely restrict showings on days when you have plans to celebrate.
- Interest rates could rise by next year. We don’t know exactly when rates will go up or by how much, but buying now could save you thousands of dollars.
- Listing now makes you a non-contingent buyer in the spring, when more inventory hits the market.
Keep in mind that when you list with us, you can spend up to two additional months in your home after you sell it. We can absolutely negotiate that for you so that you don’t have to move over the holidays.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to give me a call or send me an email. I would be happy to help you.
For now, I would like to wish you a merry Christmas and happy holidays! Enjoy this wonderful season!